DIY Arduino Hexapod Robot Kit. Walking hexapod robots are so much fun! This Arduino hexapod robot comes with 18x CDS5516 high performance 300 degree servos, giving this hexapod a full 18 degrees of freedom! This robot has the strength to stand up on only two feet as well as walk on all six legs!
Options: DIY Kit or fully assembled in our.
Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 1917 loyalty points. Your cart will total 1917 points that can be converted into a voucher of US $37.38.
Building walking hexapod robots are so much fun! This uneven terrain traveling hexapod robot comes with 18x CDS5516 high performance 300 degree rotation servos, giving this hexapod a full 18 degrees of freedom. The CDS5516 servos have more than 14kg/cm of max holding torque allowing this hexapod robot to stand up on only two feet as well as walk on all six legs!
The CDS5516 servos have the capability of returning their current angle, torque, and working temperature when polled via serial interface. This feature allows for greater accuracy and control of each individual servo. Giving you access to critical information about each servo will also allow you to troubleshoot your sketches. The Arduino Mega 1280 and Mega IO Expansion Shield included in this robot kit make this hexapod a powerful, yet DIY-friendly robotics platform.
The Mega's 54 I/O pins and multiple serial communications ports allow you to add many additional sensors and modules for all your robotic needs.
* 18x High Performance Robot servos CDS5516
* Microcontroller: Arduino Mega 2560
* IO Expansion Shield: Mega IO Expansion Shield V2.0 For Arduino Mega with servo driver board
* Expandable to wireless with an XBee wireless module
* Fully autonomous capabilities with the addition of ultrasonic or infrared sensors
* Supports Arduino
* Thousands of open source Arduino codes available to program your hexapod
* Power Supply: It is possible to power the whole robot with only one 7.4V battery for both the Arduino mega board and both driver boards.
* Servos: CDS5516 robot servos, maximum holding torque >14kgf/cm, weight approximately 61 grams each, slewing range/servo mode is 300 degrees, rotating velocity 0.18sec/60 degrees (max).
* Hexapod robot frame kit x1
* 2mm x 8mm self-tapping screws x25
* 2mm x 5mm self-tapping screws x50
* 4mm x 10mm screws and nuts x72
* 3mm x 8mm screws and nuts x30
* 3mm x 5mm screws and nuts x25
* Footstep bearing x6
* M3 x 6mm nylon screws and nut x4
* M3 x 50mm hexagonal standoff x4
* Arduino Mega 2560 microcontroller board x1
* Mega IO Expansion Shield V2.0 For Arduino Mega x1
* Uptech CDS5516 Servos x18
* Servo driver board x2
* 7.4v battery x1
* Jumper wires 9" F/F (Pack of 10) x1
Sometimes you just don't have the time to assemble your own robot but need to focus your attention on programming and developing applications. So instead of "re-inventing the wheel", let our robot shop assemble it for you!!
1x DIY Arduino Hexapod Kit
Note: This item does not qualify for free shipping.